Can I Cancel My Reservation?
Cancellations will only be considered in extenuating circumstances. A cancellation request must be submitted by email to the relevant site team outlining the reason and providing supporting documentation as appropriate no less than 14 days prior to the start of the tenancy.
- Medical Grounds – If you cannot occupy the room due to medical grounds you must provide supporting evidence from your doctor.
- No University Place – If you do not gain the required qualifications for your chosen course and cannot be offered an alternative through clearing you need to provide supporting documentation from the University or UCAS as appropriate.
- Failure to obtain a UK visa – If you are unable to obtain the necessary visa to allow you to study in the UK you must provide supporting documentation.
The site team are not authorised to agree cancellation requests nor will submission of the above mentioned documents guarantee immediate approval. The matter will be referred to head office and the owner of the property before a final decision is made.
Can USL cancel my Reservation?
Universal Student Living reserves the right to cancel a reservation and return the Deposit if:
- You have not yet completed a tenancy agreement and/or we are unable to provide the accommodation of choice.
Can I Cancel My Tenancy Agreement After I Move In?
An AST is a legally binding agreement. Once signed, you are legally obliged to meet the terms and conditions therein for the duration of the agreement. You cannot cancel your tenancy once it has been signed regardless of occupation. For the avoidance of doubt, if you sign the AST but do not move into the property or decide to vacate early, you are still bound by the terms and responsible for rent for the full duration of the tenancy.
An early release may be considered if;
- You find a suitable replacement tenant for the remaining period of the original tenancy. You will not be released from your AST until the ingoing tenant has accepted a new AST as per the same terms as the original. For the avoidance of doubt, you remain responsible for all rents until the new AST is in effect and will be released from the obligations thereafter.
- You enter a new tenancy agreement with Universal Student Living Limited for a different room but for the same tenancy period.